Sunday, December 6, 2009

Meet Brutus

Where in The World is D Today?

Building what I hope is Safe and Healthy Relationship.

Say Hello to Brutus, my motorbike. Brutus is the latest part of my transition to life in Taiwan. Brutus was brought to me by Jack. Jack is a motorcycle repairman and works for Suzuki, and probably one of my deepest friends in Taiwan. More about Jack later. This posting is about this beast.



Why the name Brutus?! Like always with me, it's a metaphor and a geeky historical reference. Brutus, also known as Julius Caesar, was an Emperor in Rome. When he crossed the Rubicon and returned to Rome, it changed the course of history in Rome. If you want the whole story you have to look it up. The point here is getting a motorbike can change my life in pretty dramatically. Hopefully I won't have the same ending as Julius Ceasar. As you've read before traffic in Taiwan is no joke. But, I am a big boy. My personal safety and not dying are HIGH PRIORITIES for me. Yes, I will be careful. I promise.

Another reason I named my bike Brutus is just because the thing is BIG. Yeah, I know it doesn't look that big is the pictures. Trust me, in comparison to other motorbikes, it IS. Especially the front. It's really FAT!

Good Luck

戴格智







1 comment:

LeoTheLioness said...

(((D))), Dude!
You know I loves ya like a fat kid love cake but you lookin' straight up like a geek on Brutus. Can't you get your gangster lean on or somethin'? OK, I'm just playin' but this is a FAR departure from the sporty whip you was flossin' in the C.O. LMAO! When in Rome.....