Friday, January 23, 2009

The Best Christmas Gift EVER!

Where in the World is D Today?

Thinking about the ghosts of Christmas' past.

As I prepare for my trip to Taiwan I am trying to get things in order for Greta to come and bring her goodness into my house. In doing so, I know the garage is one of the area that needs tending. The garage looks pretty good for a garage. But my car, not so much.

Since it was 50 degrees today, I went about doing one of those things that always centers me. Washing and Waxing my car. It's not just about this car, it's every car I've owned since my first car, Bob the Wonder Car. (I really miss Bob sometimes.) I learned from my dad as a kid, (I really must tell you about him sometime.) that you should always have a couple of layers of wax on the car for winter. And waxing your car in general is good auto maintenance, not necessarily vanity. (My paraphrase of what he said.)

So, to say the least, I am very festidious when it comes to the finish on my car. And I'm not too small to say that sometimes it IS about vanity.

On this very nice day I was starting to put on the wax when I remembered that Greta gave me a buffer for Christmas. After reading the instructions, yes I read instructions - deal with it, I decided to put the wax on manually because I didn't want to keep changing the different applicator thingy. So, after getting some wax on, I grabbed my new tool and went to work. What can I say.... It was an Explosion of AWESOME!!!!! Oh my gosh! I was in car waxing nirvana!!

Short of anything given to me by my kids, this is the BEST Christmas present EVER!!!!! Anyone who knows me, knows I don't give that kind of praise lightly.

So here's to you Greta! My life is richer because of you and will be lessened when I move to Taiwan. PEACE!!

No comments: