Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Year, New Beginning

Where in the World is D Today?

At the Public Library?

(Let me Wish you a very happy New Year! I'm at the library because my DSL is screwed up and won't let me on Google. This could be a problem.)

I've been thinking for the last week or so about the notion of new year's resolutions. I vowed several years ago not to do them and still don't. I have yet to meet one person who kept a new year's resolution. I'm too analytical and sometimes too jaded believe in them. I figure if you need to make some change in your life just do it. Don't announce it to the world. Don't wait until January 1. The is nothing magical or special about that date. Things do not change at the stroke of midnight on new year's eve.

BUT! And this is a HUGE BUT for me. As much as I know in my head that there is no magic in a clock striking twelve, I DO like the notion of getting a fresh start. The HOPE in simply flipping the page on a calendar. 2008 was one of the craziest, painful and my new favorite word "Trippy" year. I'm glad it's over.

It was a year of Love and broken hearts, great jobs had, promised and lost, unemployment and discovery of new marketable talents, new friendships gained and tested, a new life under construction and one laid to rest. Trippy for sure!! And very normal in the course of any human life.

Now it's 2009. I'm still unemployed but hopeful in finding that job of my dreams. I'm still and worrying parent but letting go more and more for their good, and mine. I'm putting on my metaphorical hard hat and getting to the task of seriously constructing a life of calmness and happiness. One with a purpose I have been unable to nail down as of late. Peace is in my future, even when turmoil arises.

Yeah, that's "magic" of a new year.

See ya down the rode. It's going to be a real "trip".

No comments: