Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Throwin' a Shout Out To "My Gurl Tracy"!

Where in the World is D Today?

LMAO! (For my Taiwanese friends, LMAO means Laughing My Ass Off!)

I have known Tracy going on 16 years I think. (Dang it’s been a long time!) Tracy, did I get that right? Anyway, I met Tracy when I worked for the Missouri Dept. of Education. She was working for the Kansas City, Missouri School District. What began as a working relationship steadily grew into a solid friendship. And with all long term friendships, you wander in and out of each others lives. Some periods you talk, or email a couple of times a week. Other times, you catch up with each other after 9-10 months. The important this is you keep seeking each other out. Right now, Tracy and I are in a good communication groove.

Tracy and I have always been able to talk easily about the joys and pains of life, but especially about each others relationships. Sometimes we give the other advice, but mostly it is a back and for of, “He/she did what?” or (She said what?! Oh hell no! Don’t make me have to come to Columbia!) LOL as I write this.

A couple of weeks ago, I wrote on this blog “My Birthday Part 2, or My Life As a Panda”. Tracy was able to see what I was saying. Or at the very least she is the only one to tell me she understood what I was saying and acknowleded the bitter-sweet nature of being, “the cool foreigner guy”. When I talk to Tracy it’s like being back on the block, but a helluva lot safer. We chat and read each others blog, thoughts and ideas and most importantly, Laugh. And that is … Say it with me people, AWESOME!

1 comment:

LeoTheLioness said...

D!
Has it been 16 years? DANG! I was LMAO too when I read, "Don't make me come to Columbia!" 'cuz you know I woulda hit the road in a heartbeat if you REALLY needed me to be there. Our friendship is so cool and you must know you have a special place in my heart. :) Do you still have that picture I gave you for your birthday? Remember? I came for the celebration at a restaurant (can't remember the name). I think you were still with "L." You know I wasn't feeling her on any level and I think she was walking around actin' all stank. Did she think we had a "thing?"

And remember when I came and me, you and Tim had Chinese for dinner? Man, that stuff had my stomach all tore up and I musta "blew up" ya bathroom in the wee hours of the morn! I was sittin' on that stool praying you didn't hear all them explosions. LOL!

Ah, memories......

Check my blog later. I'm getting ready to do the next installment about these crazy-a** people I work with - you will be ROFLYAO!

Smooches!