Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Trying to Find Something To Smile About

Where in the World is D?

Just like the title says, "Trying to find something to smile about."

If you read down a little further you will come to two blog entries where ..... hmmmm, life isn't going so well for me. I am trying to be more "OPEN" with my feelings and thoughts on my blog. So now readers are getting a little closer look inside my head. Scary isn't it!

But I don't like being a downer all the time, so I try to find ways to lighten up the my writing. So in the quest to find something to smile about I offer up these two events today.

The first happened at "the breakfast shop" I can't tell you the name, but many people know it. It is near Starbucks and the gym. I go to this shop 3-4 time a week for dinner or to buy breakfast for the next day. I try very hard to speak Chinese, and they are very patient with me. Tonight, the lady that works there was making fun of me because I say "yes" to every thing she said. Tomorrow I will surprise her and say "OK" to everything. Just to mix it up.

The other thing that made me smile tonight was the teacher in the "Body Jam" class at gym. I met Hao Ting there. The instructor said hello, and I said to her jokingly, "How GAY is He?!" She said a little. HA calling him a little gay is like saying the Queen is a little British. He made fun of his English, of himself and others in class. It was fun! He even flirted with me during the class. In the U.S. it would have bothered me, but here it was SO over the top, I couldn't help but laugh with everyone else. I even thanked him for a good class at the end.

Laughter is good medicine. So is exercise. I laughed during an exercise class. I couldn't have asked for much more than that.

Peace

No comments: