Thursday, July 2, 2009

Did I Really Just Say That?!

Where in the World is D Today?

Laughing At What He Just Said, OUT LOUD.
There are some things that I’ve said ‘out loud’ in the last 5 months that I can not imagine I would have said before coming to Taiwan. Here’s the list I’ve been keeping:

What the heck is the cleaning lady doing in here? (I said this while standing at a urinal.)

Dude! Argyle socks at the gym?!

I REALLY LIKE Tofu and Soybean milk!

There's more than one type of Tofu?!

Why are the shoes wrapped in plastic?

It has got to take special skill to wear a mini-skirt and pumps when riding a scooter. But women manage it well.

You just line-cut me for Luu Wei!

Wah Cao!

A woman in the men’s room would have seemed odd 5 months ago. (Again, said while standing at a urinal.)

Are you kidding me? A pink helmet! Dude!

I was just trying to say 7, 8!

Umm… do you think you can drive on the other side of the street?

Have you ever heard of Super Dave?

KTV is so cool!

Really! I’m not making this up! For a long time, Bubbles was his best friend in the world.

OK….... I’m guessing the middle finger here means the same as it does in the U.S.

Smoking and texting while driving a scooter seems like a bad idea to me. I'm just sayin'...

Children in Taiwan are fearless. (referring to little kids on scooters)

They do WHAT?! In Thailand!! (referring to a conversation about transgendered males.)

No way that’s a dude! He makes a very pretty girl. (again, about transgendered males in Thailand.)

No Thanks, shooting at each other with BB guns that look and shoot like machine guns isn’t my idea of a good time. (This is from a conversation with another Westerner. Canadians.. go figure.) LOL

Beetle nuts aren’t made out of beetles?! Are They?

No, I DON’T want to choose snake for soup.

I like the way it tastes. Don’t ruin it by telling me what it is.

Note to self: Stop speaking in metaphors and movie quotes.

Chinese R&B... That's a phrase I would have never said a month ago.

Where can I by a mask?

I am the exception to the "foreigner guy" rule.

No, people don’t treat me like an animal. Panda is just a metaphor.

I have GOT to learn Chinese faster!

Don’t be upset at me. I didn’t make up the name. There’s a reason they call it Stinky Tofu!

I am Free Entertainment at the gym. Especially step class!

I don't think asking someone to take their mask off BEFORE going into the is asking too much.

I appreciate the faith you have in me, but I think it’s a bad idea for me to drive.

No comments: