Monday, September 28, 2009

Why I've Been Silent part1

Where in the World is D Today?

Trying to figure out a new path out of this cave.

OK, here's the deal. My mood over the last 2 months has been bad.... real bad. I used to know the way out when I would get in these funks. But things are different now. I can't describe it really other than to say my circumstances are different. I'm still the same guy, I think, but being in Taiwan has given this..... thing... a new dimension.

I don't know if you can call emotions a thing but I haven't got the words. And that's just it, no clarity of thought. I manage to do my teaching very well. In class, I'm ALL There. Away from class.... I'm a total flake.

So how is my mood today? Ah.... So-so. But when I'm in a funk, I don't feel like writing. The great irony in that is writing helps the funk dissipate. I am hoping it will help a little tonight. After I post this I will go to bed. Writing helps get stuff out of my head. But when I'm in "flake mode" its hard to gather up those thoughts and shepherd them out of my head and onto the page.

I am trying to get back in the habit of writing. If you are a regular reader, thanks. Not so much for reading but for being interested in me, for whatever reason. I feel a lot of isolation. If someone shows interest in me, I'm always a little surprised. (sorry my self-esteem is not at it's optimum right now.)

Good Luck

D

No comments: