Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Funky Mood

Where in the world is D today?

Preparing for this mother's funeral.

Tomorrow we are going to lay my mother's body to rest.

For the last week or so, I haven't known what to do with my emotions. I tend to be pretty stoic about death and such things. But over the weekend, and into today, heading into tomorrow - my mind and heart have been the proverbial rollercoaster ride. I don't know what Rachmaninov had in mind when he wrote his Prelude in C# Minor, but it encompasses the chaos and strangeness in my mind and heart over the last several days.

Music is the best way for me to express my thoughts these days.

2 comments:

kmonokwe said...

This song just came up on my itunes. I thought of you, for some reason. Maybe we had a Take6 discussion sometime ago, I can't remember. As I listened to the lyrics, I cried for you and the pain you're sorting through. I love you much!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AySt1EZyQM&feature=related

LeoTheLioness said...

D,
My sincere condolences to you and your family on the loss of your mother.

Even though our communications are sporadic & infrequent, I hope you always know that I am here for you, no matter the time of day or night or circumstance.

God be with you and your family at this time of mourning.