Thursday, March 26, 2009

Knock, Knock. Who's There? (Do I really want to know?)

Where in the World is D Today?

Running Away from the Devils Door?

I am in a funk and feeling pretty shitty right now. I am meeting a training at the gym in about 40 minutes but have this need to write.

OK, here's the deal. I have always tended to be a great observer of the Human Condition. People behave in any number of ways based on any given variables to a situation. There are no absolutes. We all are fallible and we all have great capacity for good. You can be the world's staunchest critic of gun control, but threaten your child's safety and you will pull the trigger. You can be the world's most righteous person, but if you get hungry enough you will steal money for food or the food itself. We all ultimately will ACT in our own best interest. So why do we, or in this case me, tend to shoot ourselves, myself, in the foot when it comes to certain situations in my life?! What is wrong with us, me?!

I try desparetly to present myself and a decent carrying man, But still manage to find the most unbalanced indecent people to associate with. If we know, and I think we do instinctively know, what is good and what is bad for us. Why do we continue to have blinders to the bad things/people.

(I've started and stopped several sentences here, but there's no "good" way to say what I need/desire to say and here's why. These words before can be twisted and manipulated to whatever the reader WANTS to see. It doesn't matter what I ACTUALLY said, they will take it however they want. Or maybe they will actually take my words and frame them to someone else in a way that is totally incorrect or change one word here or there that will change the context and meaning. This is the age of instant communication and virtual everything. I honestly don't know if anything "real" exists anymore. How do you know if someone is lying or telling the truth. Everything can't be true, neither can everything be a lie. So how do you know?

You don't. You will believe whatever you want to believe. Seriously, how many people actually believed Sarah Palin to be a good choice to be Vice Presidential nominee?! Millions of people did!! I couldn't disagree with them more, but they genuinely believed it. Was I right and them wrong or vice versa. I'd be willing to bet ALL those same people still believe it. Fortunately, we don't have to be concerned with it now, well at least for a little while.

So you get my meaning right. So many things are so subjective. I am owning my mistake of letting reckless hurtful people into my life and am paying consequences for not being entirely honest about things that were none of their business to begin with. Does that mean, I stop talking to and trusting people. Honestly, the answer to that is YES, for a little while. But when the dust settles, I'm likely to become my same gullible self and trust way to easily. But hopefully I will listen more carefully to the little voice better that says, "RUN!!!!!!"

So Be careful. But still try to give people the benefit of the doubt. There's got to be a balance in there somewhere.

Knock, Knock. Who's There????????? Ask yourself, Do I really want to know who or what is on the other side of that door?

If you go knocking on the Devils door, Don't be surprised when he answers!

Peace To You. (I'm desperately looking for some myself.)

No comments: