Thursday, May 21, 2009

Me, Ming and the National Palace Museum

Where in the World is D Today?

3 Guesses. The first clue is Star and the last is Bucks.

This is one of those times when you may have seen some of this on Facebook. But not everybody has Facebook. So I do a little bit of double effort. If you're interested, in seeing this blog, then it is totally worth it for me.

There's not much story to tell. Ming is a teacher at, and more importantly, a friend from Chung Li Elementary School. She is the first Taiwanese teacher to befriend me. She has been instrumental in helping me adapt to Taiwan. I haven't mentioned her much on my blog, which is a major error on my part. So World, Meet my Friend Minghui. (I hope I spelled that right.) And Oh yeah, the National Palace Museum was really cool too! (Taking photos was not allowed inside. Sorry folks.)


OK, before I have to stop and again sing the praises of 7-Eleven in Taiwan. I was running late as I am oft to, and did not eat breakfast before getting to Taipei. I love Strawberry jam. And there it was... as if calling to Strawberry Jam and bread. Add some Orange Juice, step back and say an ever so hearty Awesome! Everyone here thinks I'm goofy when it comes to 7-Eleven. I just say, "you guys REALLY have no idea how different this is from America." (Some day I will do a post on bread in Taiwan. Again a very different experience from America.)














I look fat in this picture :(













These pictures are from a Garden connected to the Palace Museum.



















It was a GOOD day!


1 comment:

iNsIDE cHinO's HeAd said...

Darryl, you are having too much fun! :)