Wednesday, May 20, 2009

My Birthday Part 3

Where in the World is D Today?

Reflecting on his Birthday.

As promised from the blog post my birthday part 2, Part 3 will be special. At least it is to ME.

It wasn't until I looked back that I realized what a COOL Birthday I really had. My Birthday was spread out over 2 days. Day 1 was the movie with Jane.
We went to see Wolverine: X-men Beginnings. But before I went to the movies I went to Starbucks. I thought I would just stop by and goof around on my computer for a little bit. The only person at Starbucks who know it was my birthday was Sylvie. We had chatted online the week before and I mentioned that it had been my observation that it often, not always, rains on May 5.



Once I got to Starbucks, what happened later made me cry when I got home. First I ran into Cindy. That's always cool. I hadn't seen her in maybe 2 1/2 weeks. I have slightly different relationship with Cindy than I do with Pie and Shaq. We talk about deep stuff; the future, the world and our place in it.















Then Pie rolls in. Say it with me people, AWESOME! Then Sylvie come over and says I told you it wouldn't rain! I am all smile then it happens. I get my gift.
A simple envelope with a birthday card, or so I thought. I'll let you read for yourself.













































































































































Me and Sylvie






















Me and Bryan






















Me and Eddie



















Me, Sylvie and Edison















And what is a birthday without CAKE!






















I got the cake from one of 6th grade Homeroom Teachers. Her name is (spelled phonetically - Yu Shun).We meet on Wednesdays after school and I help her with English and she teaches me some Chinese. But mostly we just talk about Family, our kids, you know.... LIFE. She is so kind. My life is richer here at Chung Li Elementary school because of her.

No comments: