Monday, August 17, 2009

Especially for Family and Friends In America

Where in the World is D Today?

Safe and Sound in the North of Taiwan.

I want to tell everyone I am Fine. I am Safe, Dry, and cared for by some great people in Taiwan.

The Typhoon hit the south part of Taiwan hardest. The conditions down there are indeed quite terrible. But where I am is very safe.

There was an Earth quake in the sea south of Japan today. It registered a 6.7. That's a good size earth quake, and it was felt in Taiwan. My apartment shook for a good 20-30 seconds. Which feels like and eternity while its happening. I was awake when it happened. I appreciate Mother Nature giving me a break this time and not doing it in the middle of the night. LOL

I don't like earth quakes. Not even a little. But it is a fact of life here and I accept it. Just like Typhoons. It one of those things that comes with living on an Island.

Try not to worry too much. Remember to listen for my city Jhongli, (pronounced jong lee).

I love you all and miss you very much.

Peace

戴格智 a.k.a Darryl, Papa, D, D.A.

No comments: