Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mountain Climbing at Three Valleys

Where in the World is D?

Enjoying the View.

Last week I went mountain climbing on Three Valley's Mountain with my friend Even, my Chinese Teacher and friend Zoe and my new friends from National Central University. When invited me she did indeed say "mountain climbing". I asked if it were difficult. She said no. So I thought when she said climbing, she meant "hiking". (These misunderstandings happen all the time.) Well she DID indeed mean CLIMBING! And it wasn't easy. It was hard!

I hurt my foot about 2/3 of the way down the mountain and had to go to the hospital. Slipped on a wet rock. Hey! It happens. I was looking at the blood from the leach I pulled off a few minutes before. My hand bled the rest of the way down the mountain. (That reads really bad, and while it wasn't good, it wasn't as bad as it seems.) Another side note: The pictures don't completely capture the beauty of the mountain or the genuine danger of some of the situations. At no point were any of us attached to a safety line. I'm still not sure if that is adventurous or just stupid. HA!

In the end it was a GREAT DAY with friends and nature. My hand eventually stopped bleeding. My foot still hurts a little but is fine after some quality affordable health care. Here are some of the pics of this very good day.



















































No comments: