Monday, August 31, 2009

A New School Year

Where in the World is D today?

Looking over the balcony at joyful kids running and playing.

Today is the first day of school. It's been a really quiet day for me. I'm looking forward to spending a whole year with my students. I want to see what I and they can do in a whole year.

Coming in the middle of the year last year was an interestest transition for us all. This job, as much as I love it, can be filled with periods of ...... inactivity. Today's one of those days. So I watch the kids on their break and smile.

I want to be a good teacher. It's the one the few thing I don't question in my life. I know I can teach. I want to get in there and do it! (Somebody keep note of that when I'm feeling less enthusiastic in the future.)

But in the meantime, I will soak up all that unbridaled energy and try to focus it into something strong.

Peace

戴格智

No comments: