Monday, February 23, 2009

Just Call Me Dai or (My New Posse Part 2)

02.23.2009 9:41 PM

Where in the World is D Today?



I am totally stoked today. Actually yesterday was when I reached maximum stokeage. Let me introduce you to Shaq (wearing glasses), Pie and Cindy. This is really my posse if that term could be applied. Posse doesn't quite fit. I would term us more as a Taiwanese version of "Friends", but better. Who is who? I couldn't tell you. But if we were to divide the parts/characters I know Cindy has dibs on the Rachel character.





They are fast becoming my closest friends here in Taiwan. I look forward to seeing them. And I will be so glad when I have a phone and can call or get called to say, "see you at Starbucks around 8." When we're together we laugh a lot and that's so important.


So why just call me Dai? That is my new Chinese name Dai Ge Chi. Dai means Darryl, Ge (pronounced guh) describes my spirit - fighting, energetic, active and Chi (pronounced more like chur) means wisdom. Each of them chose a character that they thought fit my personality. I just about made me cry when they told me that. Dangit, how cool is that?!



I have a new little brother in Timmy and some great friends that I am bonding with in a special way. I can seriously see me staying in contact with these wonderful people for many years to come.

No comments: