Tuesday, April 21, 2009

EARTHQUAKE!!!!, sort of...

Where in the World is D Today?

Wondering if I should be Thankful or Curious.

Interesting facts about Taiwan that I didn't know before.

1) Typhoons are good! Yes, a Typhoon is roughly the equivilent of a Hurricane. But Taiwan is an Island surrounded by salt water. I can't explain how it works. But the bottom line is typhoons fill the fresh water supply. No Typhoons = No water. Thus, Typhoons are good. Oh, there are no snow days, DUH!, but there are Typhoon Days.

2) Earthquakes are normal. Apparently little ones happen semi-frequently. Last Friday there was an Earthquake here in Jhongli,AND I MISSED IT! This is why I'm not sure if I should be "Thankful" or not. I am very curious as to what it actually feels like. I don't need to feel it in a Summer Block Buster, End of the World As We Know It sort of way. But I think the sensation would be quite interesting. I'll keep you posted.

3) There's staying out all night. And then there's leaving the night club and being shocked to discover the sun had come up. I did listen to the good Angel most of the night and was still able to go to the gym that afternoon, I am proud to say. But I will also say I'm not built for that type of thing. It will likely be my first and last time. (Am I getting old or growing up? Not sure which. I suspect just old.)

That's all for now.

Peace

No comments: