Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Man Law

2009.04.07 10:30 PM

Where in the World is D Today?

Averting my eyes.

I joined the group Man Law on Facebook maybe about a year ago. I think the idea got started with the Miller Lite commercials featuring Burt Reynolds, Jerome Bettis and some other noteable and not so noteable men debating rules such as, What is the proper waiting period for a guy to date his best friends Ex-girlfriend. The come to an agreement and this old wrinkly guy writes it in the Man Law book.

On Facebook you can add your own laws. I have neither the patients or the desire to add anything to the Facebook site. And why should I when I just want to tell you, not the entire Facebook world. So here goes. Besides, I only have one law. Maybe there will be others later but this one is pressing. Here goes...

When standing in the locker room, you may only answer the phone if it is your Wife or your Kid. You have 24 second shot clock to explain that you just came out of the shower or just undressed to take a shower and thus are completely naked. After the time has expired you MUST either get off the phone or put a dang towel on! Option two is preferred.

I know that I am in a different world, but I personally can not think of anything so important that I need to stand around nekkid in a room with other men around and talk on the phone. By all means answer the phone if it's your wife or child. That is what good men ought to do. (I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt sense I don't speak enough Chinese to know for sure.) But make it quick, OK?! And put a dang towel on!!

By the Way, my condolences to the women of Taiwan.

Peace

No comments: